Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Second Mama

Took the train down to the airport last night and met my aunt on the platform. This is the woman who taught me about independence and responsibility, who gave me the drive to be who I am today. This woman is the epitome of sound mind, intelligence, creativity, and diligence, traits that I strive to embody.

Last night, we had a 3.5 star dinner over a 5 star conversation, where I learned boulder sized nuggets of family information, that had somehow evaded my knowledge these last 28 years. It never ceases to amaze me the complexities and underpinnings of my family history. The Menzie (Kovac) blood is dwindling down with the limited offspring produced in the last 50 years, and with the increasing elderly population, all that will be left are a total of six. It is strange to think that I am the oldest of the current generation, and that if I have children, they will be the first grandchildren and nieces and nephews of this generation. And if I have children, they won't know any of the extended Menzie (Kovac) family.

Off to show off the sites of Seattle to my second mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment